This is SKY’s tool which allows us to target SKY households based on various attributes, such as region, socio-economics, household income etc. We can even align SKY households with Mosaic profiles.
This means that, when watching the same TV show as your neighbour (on a SKY station), you could be shown a different ad in the break based on your specific attributes. There are pros and cons to this technology:
- Industry leading targeting
- Ability to limit frequency, as with online display
- Online media-style reporting
- Very expensive (far more expensive than buying ITV and accepting wastage) The CpTs start at c. £25 and escalate quickly according to how many attributes you add.
- Only household level targeting, so could be watched by ‘wrong’ person in the household
- No TV schedule provided, so more difficult to track performance
- Limited reach due to the tech currently only being available on SKY stations
This is really only justifiable when it makes financial sense to pay a very high CpT in order to target a VERY niche audience. By niche I mean within a very precise geographic area, have special interests etc. Even then, it’s debatable. Many AdSmart brands are things like regional furniture showrooms, large but regional chains of estate agents or regional visitor attractions, like Alton Towers etc.
Contact us to see if AdSmart is right for you