DRTV vs. BRTV?
We're often asked what the difference is between direct response TV (DRTV), brand response TV (BRTV) and using TV for traditional 'branding'. The lines are increasingly blurred as each, but we find this helps:
- Very Sales driven.
- Deliberately repetitive.
- Strong call to action.
- branding still important, but less of an emphasis.
- High frequency, lower coverage.
- Can still have a modern feel.
- Both daytime TV and relevant, targeted peak.
- Includes a call to action, but not too overt.
- Retains & promotes brand values.
- Frequency and targeted cover.
- Concerned mainly with mass awareness, mass coverage.
- Sometimes brand values at the expense of an obvious call to action.
- Long term, not short term goals
- Less obvious, more subconscious effects.